by Mary Carol Brock on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 2:14am
Regarding the video that can be seen on the facebook page http:/www.facebook.com/ThroughWesternEyes
I have purposely avoided watching this video......but I am glad I did. It was not what I had expected.......but as always, the strength of the forces of nature inspire awe but also fear in me. After 9/11 I learned to not watch all the news and videos of any kind of disaster over and over and over. That was and is for my "sanity" such as it is. Now is the time to concentrate on survivors, on family, on the country of Japan.Now is the time to to pray unceasingly for the survivors, for the families, for the entire country of Japan. And for the children who are afraid of being "swallowed" by the water, for the children who are quietly observing with their fears kept inside. For the parents who not only are trying to get through each day themselves, but to also try to allay the fears of their children, to give them comfort, to nurture them in a life that has so totally changed in a matter of moments. For the grandparents who much watch their own children from afar. I can't list all the "fors" here or even in my heart. So many feel anquish, so many feel pain and fear, so many feel hunger and thirst.I am impressed by the readiness of the Japanese government and of the first responders. Remember when the words, "first responders" were not part of our vocabulary? The children of today will not remember that there was a time when we didn't have to think in terms of first responders. But oh, how grateful, to have such people in our midst.I am blessed to have a sweet, loving, compassionate woman of God........my cousin, Nicki.... and her family who are serving as Christian missionaries in Japan and have for many years now. They live in Tokyo with their 3 young children. Through her blog, Nicki, lovingly has shared what their lives in Japan are like. I love watching her home video of attendiing a baseball game. Reading her descriptions of life that must be very trying a good portion of the time....learning to make do with what you have....and to get by with what you don't have. Reading of her love of her children, her husband, the people she has come to love.I didn't start writing this about Nicki, but I want her and her parents to know how much I have come to love her, to be impressed by her. And that they and their daughter and her family are in my prayers unceasingly. We know she will be "keeping the tailgate up." ---mcb
,
great post!
ReplyDeleteyour blog is awesome :)
http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/